|Mickle's Valley View Ranch and Canyon West Golf Club|
506 +/- Acres Offered in 27 Tracts in Weatherford, TX
|Date & Time:||Sold at Live Auction - September 27, 2012|
Mickle's Valley View Ranch and the Canyon West Golf Club sold to 7 distinct bidders at absolute auction. Please view the tract by tract breakdown above. The auction included 506 +/- total acres offered in 27 tracts. The picturesque ranch estates range from 10 +/- acres to 23 +/- acres. The championship 18 hole golf course, club house and other improvements occupy 191 +/- acres. The auction took place at the Canyon West Golf Course club house. The auction was conducted in conjunction with Schrader Real Estate and Auction Co., Inc. and Ameribid.
- Beautiful Ranch Estates from 10 - 23 +/- Acres
- Championship 18-Hole Golf Course on 191 +/- Acres
- Commercial/Development Opportunity
- 2/3 Mile of Frontage on I-20
- Gorgeous Scenic Views
- Equestrian Facilities, 4 Homes, and Office
- 25 Miles West of Fort Worth
Gross Auction Sales: $4,798,000.00
Registered Bidders: 59
Tract by Tract Results
|Tracts||Acres||Sales Price||Price Per Acre|
|14 + 15||20||$90,000||$4,500/acre|
|16 + 19||20||$110,000||$5,500/acre|
|17 + 18||20||$150,000||$7,500/acre|
|24 + 25||20||$115,000||$5,750/acre|
|27 (Canyon West Golf Course)||191||$2,250,000||$11,780/acre|
Mickle's Valley View Ranch (Tracts 1-25)Mickle's Valley View Ranch was one of the best known cutting horse and race horse breeding and boarding facilities in Texas. In 1997, the Mickle family shifted their focus from the commercial operation of the ranch to the development of the property and Canyon West Golf Club. The ranch features extensive equestrian improvements including two huge "mare motels", four homes, two barns, covered pens, fencing, and a drip irrigated pasture.
Offered in 25 beautiful estates, Mickle's Valley View Ranch wills sell to the highest bidder at the auction. Located in an ideal spot between the Brazos and Trinity Rivers, bounded by Old Mill Creek and surrounded by canyons, mesas, and hills, these secluded tracts feature panoramic views and homesites just a cart ride away from the Canyon West Golf Club.
For those looking at the property as an entirety, it enjoys more than 2/3 mile of frontage along I-20 and a 16' X 40' billboard, providing unparalleled visibility and easy access for future development.
The ranch estates are located in Parker County, Texas, just a few miles west of Weatherford, the cutting horse capital of the world. A quick trip east on I-20 to Fort Worth provides access to world-renowned art, historical, and cultural museums, fine and ethnic dining, quaint boutiques and excellent universities, not to mention a wide variety of seasonal activities and events.
- 308 +/- Acres Adjacent to Canyon West Golf Club Offered in 25 Tracts
- More Than 2/3 Mile Frontage on I-20
- 1,530 +/- sf Ranch House
- Three Other Houses (1,240 +/- sf, 864 +/- sf and 576 +/- sf)
- 720 +/- sf Sales Office
- Heavily Improved Equestrian Facilities
- 40,320 +/- sf 41 Stall Covered Mare Motel
- 18,368 +/- sf Covered Mare Motel
- 1,536 +/- sf Four Stall Stud Barn with 80' Runs
- 4,800 +/- sf Enclosed Hay Barn + 111 Covered Pens
- Improved Pastures, Including 10 +/- Acres with Underground Drip Irrigation
- Fenced and Cross Fenced
- 16' X 40' Billboard
- Two Lakes Stocked with Florida and Texas Crossed Bass, Bluegill and Catfish
- Five Wells Providing Water from Trinity Aquifer
- Brock Independent School District
Canyon West Golf Club (Tract 27)Winding through 6,653 yards of Parker County hills, the Canyon West Golf Club is like no other in North Texas. Spectacular mesas frame the magnificent fairways and beautifully designed putting surfaces of the award-winning, 18-hole course. Strategic design and thoughtful layout please avid golfers as they enjoy risk-and-reward play amid Texas' rolling topography and native vegetation.
Located just 25 miles west of Fort Worth, the course features stunning panoramic views, native landscapes, abundant wildlife and unique western scenes. A beautiful 14,882 +/- sf club house with panoramic views, a covered pavilion and a fitness center provide first class facilities for large events.
Specific course improvements include a driving range, eight elevated tee boxes, 419 bermuda fairways, Champion greens and a total of 90 +/- acres of maintained turf. 13 Trinity Aquifer wells provide water for eight stocked lakes and a waterfall formed from tons of native limestone rock. The course is rated 71.0/ slope 124.
The Canyon West course was named one of the "Top Five New Golf Courses in the Southwest" by the Dallas Morning News and has received rave reviews from Golf Digest, Par Fore Magazine, Acer Internet Golfer, Southwest Golf Magazine, Texas Monthly, The Arlington Morning News, and Scratch Golfer Magazine.
- Championship Golf Course on 191 +/- Acres
- 6,653 Yard - Par 72 - Rated 71.0 / Slope 124
- Champion Bermuda Greens
- 419 Bermuda Fairways
- Named one of the "Top Five New Golf Courses in the Southwest" by the Dallas Morning News
- Received Rave Reviews by Golf Digest, Par Fore Magazine, Acer Internet Golfer,
Southwest Golf Magazine, Texas Monthly, The Arlington Morning News,
and Scratch Golfer Magazine
- 90 +/- Acres of Maintained Turf - Opened 1997
- Designed and Built by Wes and Stan Mickle
- Eight Elevated Tee Boxes
- Panoramic Views of Four Counties
- Eight Lakes Stocked with Florida and Texas Crossed Bass, Bluegill, and Catfish
- Two Fountains, One Brook and One Waterfall
- 13 Wells Providing Water from Trinity Aquifer
- 14,882 +/- sf Club House with Panoramic Views Completed 2002
Including Full Kitchen, Bar, Offices, Pro Shop, and Cart Storage
- 185 Parking Spaces
- 5,828 +/- sf Event Pavilion
- 1,560 +/- sf Fitness Center / Pool House with Showers
- 5,000 +/- sf Maintenance Shed
- 30' X 32' Swimming Pool - Sport Court
- Driving Range / Practice Facility
- Two Native Limestone Restrooms on Course
- Includes Ownership of Canyon West Dr. and
Club House Dr. for Unrestricted Access to Course
Dates and Times
Thursday, September 27th, 2012
From the Premises at 6:00 PM CT
From the Premises at 6:00 PM CT
Tue, September 25th, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CT
Wed, September 26th, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CT
Thu, September 27th, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CT
Wed, September 26th, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CT
Thu, September 27th, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CT
|Current Economic Overview of Weatherford, TX|
Lifetime Membership Summary and Agreements (contact Will McLemore at 615-517-7675)
Golf Course Financial Information (contact Will McLemore at 615-517-7675)
Terms and Conditions
By participating in this auction the bidder agrees to the following terms and conditions:
The property will be offered in 27 individual tracts, any combination of tracts and as a total unit. There will be open bidding on all tracts and combinations during the auction as determined by the auctioneer. Bids on tracts, tract combinations, and the total property may compete.
- Absolute Auction:
The property will sell to the highest bidder, regardless of price.
- Down Payment:
10% down payment on the day of the auction with the balance in cash at closing. The down payment may be made in the form of cash, cashier's check, personal check or company check. YOUR BIDDING IS NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING, SO BE SURE YOU HAVE ARRANGED FINANCING, IF NEEDED, AND ARE CAPABLE OF PAYING CASH AT CLOSING.
The sellers shall provide a warranty deed.
- Evidence Of Title:
The sellers will furnish an owner's policy of title insurance in the amount of the purchase price, subject to standard exceptions and conditions, current taxes not yet due, easements and other matters of record (except liens). A preliminary title insurance commitment will be available to review before the auction.
- Real Estate Taxes And Assessments:
Real estate taxes and assessments shall be pro-rated to the date of closing.
Closing will be within 30 days after auction or within 15 days of completion of applicable closing documents, whichever is later.
- Agreement Of Purchase And Sale:
The purchaser(s) shall execute an agreement of purchase and sale, in the form provided by the auctioneer, without modification, immediately after being declared the high bidder.
Possession will be given at closing. Canyon West Golf Club continues in active operation. Check with the auction staff regarding scheduled events.
All tract acreages, dimensions, and proposed boundaries are approximate and have been estimated based on current legal descriptions and/or aerial photos.
The sellers shall provide a new survey where there is no existing legal description or where new boundaries are created by the tract divisions in this auction. Any need for a new survey shall be determined solely by the sellers. The sellers and successful bidder shall each pay half (50:50) of the cost of the survey. The type of survey performed shall be at the sellers' option and sufficient for the issuance of an owner's title insurance policy. Combination purchases will receive a perimeter survey only. Closing prices for tracts 1-26 shall be adjusted to reflect any difference between advertised and surveyed acres. The closing price for tract 27 shall not be adjusted to reflect any difference between advertised and surveyed acres.
All roads and drives located within the auction property, including but not limited to the roads identified as Canyon West Dr. and Club House Dr., will be private drives and will be maintained by the property owner(s), including the auction tract buyers. Auction tracts 1 thru 6, inclusive, have direct access to Quanah Hill Road and auction tract 25 has deeded access to Old Brock Rd. All other auction tracts will have access to public road(s) via private drives (some of which have yet to be constructed) and will be subject to covenants for the construction and/or maintenance of such private drives, as applicable. Auction tracts will be sold together with and/or subject to such easements as may be necessary or convenient to provide all auction tracts with access to public road(s).
- Mineral Rights:
The sale shall include all Mineral Rights which may be owned by the sellers, if any, without any warranty as to the nature or extent thereof.
- Pending Settlement of Texas Water Code Violation (Tract 27 Only):
- The purchaser of Tract 27 assumes all responsibility for obtaining required permits and otherwise bringing the property into compliance with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to the appropriation, diversion, storage, impoundment, taking, or usage of state water at Tract 27. Furthermore, if the Proposed Agreed Order is approved as described below, the purchaser of Tract 27 agrees to comply with the requirements and perform the obligations of the Respondent under the terms of the Proposed Agreed Order from and after the time of closing.
- By letter dated August 30, 2012, Canyon West Golf Club, Inc. ("Respondent") received "Notice of Enforcement Action" from the enforcement division of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality ("TCEQ"), together with a proposed Agreed Order (the "Proposed Agreed Order"), pertaining to certain alleged violations described as follows in the Proposed Agreed Order (the "Allegations"): "As owner and operator of the site, the Respondent is alleged to have failed to obtain authorization prior to diverting, storing, impounding, taking, or using state water, in violation of TEX. WATERCODE ? 11.121 and 30 Tex. Admin. Code ? 297.11, as documented during an investigation conducted on June 7, 2012. Specifically, the Respondent pumps well-water to six on-channel impoundments and was diverting water from the lower (downstream) impoundment to irrigate the golf course."
- Among other things, the Proposed Agreed Order, if approved, would:
- Require Respondent to obtain a water rights permit and submit written certification of compliance to TCEQ within 210 days after the effective date of the Agreed Order;
- Assess an administrative penalty in the amount of $500.00 in settlement of the Allegations ($400.00 of which has been paid and the balance of which would be deferred);
- Require Respondent to continue to meter the water supplied by the wells and the amount used for irrigation purposes; and
- Require Respondent to respond to all requests for information concerning the permit application.
- Canyon West Golf Club, Inc. has submitted an application for a water rights permit (as acknowledged in the Proposed Agreed Order), has agreed to the terms of the Proposed Agreed Order, and has delivered a signed copy thereof to the TCEQ for its approval.
- The Proposed Agreed Order is subject to the final approval of the Commission after publication of notice and 30 days for public comment.
- Copies of the Notice of Enforcement Action and Proposed Agreed Order have been posted for inspection online at: http://www.mclemoreauction.com/auctionpictures/2012/0927-MickleRE/resources/TCEQ.pdf and will be posted at the auction for inspection prior to bidding.
- For further information, please contact Michael Gill (Project Manager, TCEQ Water Rights Permitting and Availability Section, 512-239-4613) and/or Mr. J.R. Cao (Enforcement Division, 512-239-2543).
- Buyer Broker Participation:
Buyer brokers will be paid up to 3% of the sales price of the property. Call 615-636-9602 for details.
- Agency And Representation:
Schrader Real Estate and Auction Co., Inc. and Rex D. Schrader (as the licensed auctioneer), Paul A. Lynn & Associates, LLC and Paul A. Lynn (as the licensed broker), McLemore Auction Company, LLC, Ameribid, LLC, and their respective agents and representatives, are representing only the sellers in this transaction.
- Disclaimer And Absences Of Warranties:
All information contained in this brochure and all related materials are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the agreement of purchase and sale. ANNOUNCEMENTS MADE BY THE AUCTIONEER AT THE AUCTION PODIUM DURING THE TIME OF THE SALE WILL TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER ANY PREVIOUSLY PRINTED MATERIAL OR ANY OTHER ORAL STATEMENTS MADE. The property is sold "AS IS, WHERE IS". No warranty or representation, either express or implied, or arising by operation of law concerning the property is made by the sellers or auctioneers, and are hereby expressly disclaimed. In no event shall sellers or the auctioneers be liable for any consequential damages. The information contained in this brochure is believed to be accurate but subject to verification by all parties relying on it. Sellers and the auctioneers assume no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions. All sketches and dimensions in this brochure are approximate. Conduct of the auction and increments of bidding are at the direction and discretion of the auctioneers. A person may be disqualified from bidding, prior to the opening of bids, if the sellers and/or auctioneers have reason to question the person's identity, credentials, creditworthiness, or ability or willingness to close on the purchase of the property. All decisions of the auctioneers are final.
- New Data, Corrections, And Changes:
Please arrive before the scheduled auction time to inspect any changes, corrections, or additions to the property information.
Wesley J. Mickle, Mickle's Valley View Ranch, Inc. and Canyon West Golf Club, Inc.
In Conjunction With
Auctioneer: Rex D. Schrader
Texas Auctioneer's License #13222
locationPrimary filterBy2765 category--
Registered Bidders: 59
|Categories:||Catalog Summary - ALL ITEMS (27)|